Heads of organizations, chief officers, chairpersons, board members and directors. Heads of departments. Senior managers and executives. Those who wish to develop their interpersonal, group and communication skills. Those who wish to develop themselves as more competent and effective managers.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Build supportive relationships even when delivering negative feedback.
- Avoid defensiveness and disconfirmation in interpersonal communication.
- Develop the capability to lead positive change.
- Acquire the ability to mobilize the capabilities of others in achieving positive change.
- Foster innovation among others.
- Empower others.
- Empower yourself.
- Engage others effectively.
- Make impactful and engaging oral presentations.
- Write clearly and persuasively.
- Improve the ability to apply principles of supportive communication.
- Improve relationships by using personal management interviews.
- Enhance personal and positional and power.
- Use influence appropriately to accomplish exceptional work.
- Neutralise inappropriate influence attempts.
- Diagnose work performance problems.
- Enhance the work-related abilities of others.
- Foster a motivating work environment.
- Diagnose the focus and source of conflicts.
- Utilise appropriate conflict management strategies.
- Diagnose and facilitate team development.
- Build high-performance teams.
- Facilitate team leadership.
- Foster effective team membership.
- Learn how to create positive deviance in organizations.
- Respond appropriately to questions and challenges.
- Implement guidelines for planning and conducting effective meetings.
- Resolve interpersonal confrontations through collaboration.
- Increase proficiency in analytical problem solving.
- Recognise personal conceptual blocks.
- Enhance creativity by overcoming conceptual blocks.
- Enhance the value of meetings attended.
How the course is delivered
The mode of delivery is in-class, in-person at the course venue, with the option of participating virtually.