Investor Relations involves strategic delivery and management of financial information and data to audiences or ‘stakeholders’. Financial stakeholders are those people and institutions who have an interest a company’s financial activity and success, and are kept informed by communication professionals. These communicators are responsible for maintaining relationships between the company and its stakeholders through a variety of communication methods.
Investor Relations professionals play a crucial role in enabling public companies to communicate their financial performance and strategic direction to the investment marketplace in a credible and consistent manner, with the goal of achieving a fair value for the company’s securities. To accomplish this goal, investor relations practitioners must possess and employ in – depth knowledge of finance and the capital markets, effective communications and marketing techniques, and securities regulation. This course will provide you with an in-depth overview of investor relations, how and when communicators contact stakeholders, what influences and impacts the communication process, as well what’s involved in a company’s financial activity and success.
- Understand financial communication and investor relations
- Learn the role of financial communication professionals
- Know who financial stakeholders are and why they are important
- Know who and what makes up the financial community
- Know which financial activities companies report on
- Understand financial influencers and intermediaries
- Learn about financial risk and how companies manage it
- Understand corporate governance and regulatory compliance
Who Should Attend?
- Chief Executive Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Investor Relations practitioners:
Those new to Investor Relations
- Company Secretaries
- Senior executives in finance, legal,
- Strategic relevance of investor relations
- Content of Investor Relations – Qualitative and Quantitative
- Core Target Group Investors
- Equity Research
- IR Activities
- Market Monitoring & Measuring Success
- Regulatory Environment, Rules & Reporting
- Organizing IR
- IR & Sustainability
- Closing Discussion – What is the purpose of IR?