Workplace conflict occurs when there’s a disagreement amongst employees due to opposing interests, personalities, beliefs, or ideas. Conflict in the workplace is natural and bound to occur when you have people of different backgrounds and perspectives working side-by-side.
Conflict can be expressed in various ways, including lack of cooperation, verbal insults, bullying, anger, poor quality or delayed work, project failure, and more.
This masterclass explores the types of conflict in the workplace, signs of conflict, and tips for conflict resolution to help you tackle disputes efficiently and effectively in your organization.
- Identify the common types and sources of conflict in your workplace
- Appreciate your own and other’s personality profiles and preferred conflict approaches
- Understand the predictable emotional triggers and responses to conflict
- Differentiate between assertive, passive and aggressive behaviors
- Deal with difficult people and situations using a large range of powerful techniques
At the end of this training course, you will learn how to:
- Understand the root causes of conflict in the workplace
- Determine people’s preferred conflict styles
- Adopt the most effective skills and techniques to swiftly address the issues
- Feel confident, competent and in command when handling difficult situations
- Hold those ‘crucial conversations’ with others regarding their contribution, behavior or attitude
- Your view, my view? Our Competing Worldviews and Differences
- Understanding Differences in Personality Types
- Style or Substance: Fighting or Celebrating the Difference?
- Bridges or Barriers
- Understanding and Managing Oneself
- Skills and Increased Choices: Fight, Flight or Flow?
- Finding Resolution
- Preventing Conflicts