Treasury is the core department of any bank and financial organization. Every financial organization and bank faces risks related to treasury like liquidity. It is the key responsibility of the Treasury Risk Manager to mitigate the risk and support other employees by adhering to IFRS compliance.
Among other risks, liquidity should be the top priority of the relevant employees because any institution’s survival solemnly depends on it. All other potential risks such as interest rate fluctuation, operational risks, and market issues cannot be uprooted for good; instead, these risks must be appropriately monitored, measured, and controlled with the aim to increase profitability.
Who should attend?
- Risk and Reg Treasury Associates are responsible for providing consultancy to clients in the Treasury Risk Management domain
- Treasury Risk Manager who analyses the risks and formulate strategies to mitigate them
- Senior Management members of an organization working in the treasury department and making decisions about minimizing risks
- Treasury Risk Analyst actively participating in the documentation
- Managers and professionals who have responsibilities related to finance
- Professionals who act upon financial decisions made by others
- Professionals eager to learn new skills in the treasury risk management domain and know about advancements in the market
- On-job professionals in Treasury and Risk management department
- Decision-makers in the domain of finance
- Professionals seeking their career in Treasury and Risk Management domain
The fundamental objective of this course is to empower professionals to-
- Assess and analyze all the possible risks present and arising from balance sheets in the shape of liabilities and assets
- Understand the tools and use them efficiently to measure all the potential risks as per ever-changing market scenarios
- Know the applicability of the risk management strategies and instruments and the best time to practice them
- Know the concept of liquidity, liquidity buffers, management of these buffers, liquidity risks beyond deposits, and basic loans in depth
- Use liquidity risk metrics suite to assess the scope of liquidity risk in banks
- Formulate and evaluate the tests of stress
- Comprehend and assess the scope of controls of liquidity risk along with lending outcomes
- Comprehend the formulation of various policies of funding for trading books and banks
- Appreciate the Asset Liability Committee’s (ALCO) role in banks and its structure of governance
- Grasp the pricing of the internal funds’ transfer concept and analyse the application of a specific model to a particular institution type.
How the course is delivered
The mode of delivery is in-class, in-person at the course venue, with the option of participating virtually.Inquire Now / Request In-House